Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Decline

Birthday's are a funny thing. I know a lot of people who don't like to celebrate getting older, but I've always been gung-ho about getting my party on, even though as I've gotten older I can't exactly hold my liquor any more. What's not to celebrate though? You're another year older, another year wiser, and another year's worth of shoes have been bought! So, now that my official plummet into my late twenties is upon us, I'd like to take this time to reflect on what I've accomplished within the past year, and what I'd like to do differently during my 27th year of life:

List o' Accomplishments:
  • I grew my first wrinkle - thank you pasty pale Irish skin.
  • I got fired for the first time in my adult life - best Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years present ever!
  • I managed to date only one closeted gay man - vast improvements, people.
  • I got my heart broken and smooshed - awesome!
  • I gained back every single pound I lost before I turned 26 - mmm flubtastic.
  • I hit a guard rail and cement block with my car - scratches and dents galore!
  • I developed my sweet ability to choke almost to death in my sleep - bring me my face vacuum!
  • I've obtained not just one job to replace the one I lost, but three! - who needs sleep? I keep trying to kill myself anyway while I'm sleeping.
  • I moved, not once, but twice - because the first time wasn't quite fun enough
  • I got my first speeding ticket ever, on top of my second HOV violation - I really just felt like donating money to Fairfax County because they aren't quite rich enough.
I've accomplished a good amount since my last birthday, but in an effort to keep the momentum going, I would like to set some new goals for this next year coming up.

List o' Goals:
  • Start tanning - because if I'm going to develop wrinkles, I might as well look like a leather hand bag while I'm at it
  • Keep a hair color for more than a month - this might be really difficult for me
  • Lose some weight... again - you know, as much as I enjoy the flub, I enjoyed being less squishy more
  • Stop trying to kill myself in the middle of the night - fingers crossed!
  • Date more non gay men - I like men who like vagina the best
  • Stop donating money to the richest county in America - I prefer my money where I can see it, you know, in my closet
  • Stop playing bumper cars in real life - let's keep my ride alive!
  • Maintain my sanity while working 7 days a week - wait... you don't hear those voices?
  • Escape the shanty townhouse - my soul has died because of this house
  • Become a world renowned writer - it could happen!
Unfortunately, there are certain things that are completely beyond my control from year to year. I can not control that it's always about 115 degrees out when it's time to celebrate my birth, which causes me to develop a delicious Mufasa mane. I can not control that toothless men at gas stations love to point and stare at my ass. I can not control that I sweat more than the imaginary lovechild of Whitney Houston and Richard Simmons would. Last, but not least, I can not control that people still continue to buy Jennifer Lopez's music. Why does she still make music? I can't figure it out.

1 comment:

CMGreen said...

You are on the upside of hitting 30!! Not much of a decline!! LOL Great blog as usual!!